John Ettline was born 103 years ago today
on March 12th, 1906.
Things to know and remember about John:
* John was a graduate of York High School.
* John played football and baseball, and was considered very athletic.
* John was an extremely intelligent man and attended a junior college until his father pulled him out to help with the family farm in Foustown, the Cousler Park area north of York.
* John was an antiques collector, purchasing many pieces from his youngest brother, the late Paul Ettline who was an antiques dealer. Paul always spoke very highly of his oldest brother.
* Looking back at John Ettline’s life, it's safe to say that he was a John of all trades and a master of many.
* John worked in coal mines.
*John was a music agent, scheduling bands for local clubs.
* John managed various York clubs including the historic Valencia Ballroom, America’s first air conditioned dance hall!
* John also managed Lehmeyer’s the classy men's clothier on North George St.
* John was a dapper dresser, a great dancer, and a very handsome gentleman.
* John was a ladies' man, a man's man, and very much his own man.
* Most of all, John was a wise man, and he shared his wisdom with us. I thought it fitting, therefore, to offer this video...
...and this timeless message of hope as we remember John today:
Happy birthday, John.....
We love you and miss you!