CLOSE YOUR EYES. TAKE A DEEP BREATH. OPEN YOUR HEART.

SHADY DEL KNIGHT, ADMINISTRATOR

SHADY DEL KNIGHT, ADMINISTRATOR
High School Yearbook Photo

"More than a place, the Shady Dell was and will forever remain a state of mind." Shady Del Knight

"More than a place, the Shady Dell was and will forever remain a state of mind." Shady Del Knight
HELLO STRANGER ... IT SEEMS LIKE A MIGHTY LONG TIME!

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Shady Dell, the College Years: December 1967/January 1968

In today's edition of College Years the timeline advances to the Christmas/New Year holiday break at the end of 1967.

I couldn't wait for classes to end so that I could bust loose, drive back to York, get up the hill to the Dell, check in with Helen and John, and check out the jukebox records in the barn.

Listen now to the hottest songs that were playing at the Shady Dell during the holidays in 1967 and on into the new year.

December 1967

"My Baby Must Be a Magician" – Marvelettes



"I Can’t Stand Myself (When You Touch Me)" – James Brown



"Chain of Fools" – Aretha Franklin



"A Love That’s Real" – Intruders



"Judy in Disguise" – John Fred & His Playboy Band




January 1968

"We’re a Winner" – Impressions



"I Wish it Would Rain" – Temptations



"I Truly, Truly Believe" – Temptations



We'll flash back to the greatest Dell hits of February 1968 in the next edition of College Years. I hope you'll be here!

Have a Shady day and a safe and happy new year celebration!

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I know this is kinda off topic but I was wondering if you knew where
    I could find a captcha plugin for my comment form?
    I'm using the same blog platform as yours and I'm having difficulty finding one?
    Thanks a lot!

    Here is my homepage :: Michael Kors Bags

    ReplyDelete

You talkin' to me?