CLOSE YOUR EYES. TAKE A DEEP BREATH. OPEN YOUR HEART.

SHADY DEL KNIGHT, ADMINISTRATOR

SHADY DEL KNIGHT, ADMINISTRATOR
High School Yearbook Photo

"More than a place, the Shady Dell was and will forever remain a state of mind." Shady Del Knight

"More than a place, the Shady Dell was and will forever remain a state of mind." Shady Del Knight
HELLO STRANGER ... IT SEEMS LIKE A MIGHTY LONG TIME!

Monday, November 22, 2010

Dell Rat Feedback


Greg Gulden wrote:

Well here we are a few days from Thanksgiving Day. It's time to stop and look back at the past year and take time to think about the things we are truly grateful for. Your Blog is one of these things. It has helped me remember not only my time at the
Dell but also my time at York High and my teen years growing up in York. Thank you, Mr. Knight. I will continue to support you in the years to come and hope someday we can meet.

To Toni (Deroche), how can we as Dell Rats ever thank her enough for what she is doing? She gets my Dell Rat Hero of the Year award. I believe without her the house and barn would be gone by now. What she is doing with the old girl is far beyond anything we could have hoped for. It is due to people like you and Toni that the Dell will live on. Thank You and Happy Thanksgiving to You, Toni and all Dell Rats.

A Dell Rat All Ways
Greg Gulden

Greg, I thank you very much for this special holiday greeting and all of your kind and generous words! This blog was created for people like you who care and want to share. I am truly honored to have your support in my ongoing effort to keep alive the memories of John and Helen Ettline and the place they created for us, the Shady Dell.

I couldn't agree with you more that the Dell would probably have been reduced to a pile of rubble a long time ago had it not been for the wisdom, foresight and hard work of Toni Deroche and her family. We are all very fortunate that the Deroches bought the Dell and are doing so much to preserve and beautify it. It became obvious to me a long time ago that Toni and her family share our vision and our sense of history. Like you and I, they really care! Thank you again, Greg, for this special holiday message. You epitomize the finest qualities in a Dell rat!

7 comments:

  1. i was about to write you for the award!! thanks for your comment you're so kind with me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katia, thank you for giving me the One Lovely Blog award! I will display it proudly, my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad I found your site because I would hate to miss the ride with you along your journey sharing the greatest music. I feel really blessed.
    Odie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thankful to Shady Del Knight! for staying true to his blog vision. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Odie - I am the one who is blessed. I am delighted to meet you and to have you take this journey with me. As I wrote in my mission statement nearly two-and-a-half years ago, I hope to give readers something to think about and something to smile about in every post.

    Israel - Same to you, my good friend. I always enjoy hearing from you. While it is my intention not to stray too far from the blog's central theme, York PA's Shady Dell, I hope to offer enough variety so that people who never heard of the place can still relate and enjoy.

    Thank you both for your comments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also think it is wonderful the Deroche family is restoring the Shady Dell. In these days of glass and steel it is nice to see places as they were back in the day. I wish there had been a place like Shady Dell where I grew up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Deroches are modernizing the Dell by fixing roofs, rebuilding porches, installing new flooring, and upgrading the electrical wiring, plumbing, heating and air conditioning. That said, they seem intent on doing everything possible to maintain its rustic charm right down to preserving the original Dell rat graffiti on the walls of the barn dance hall! Thank you very much for your comment, Belle!

    ReplyDelete

You talkin' to me?