CLOSE YOUR EYES. TAKE A DEEP BREATH. OPEN YOUR HEART.

SHADY DEL KNIGHT, ADMINISTRATOR

SHADY DEL KNIGHT, ADMINISTRATOR
High School Yearbook Photo

"More than a place, the Shady Dell was and will forever remain a state of mind." Shady Del Knight

"More than a place, the Shady Dell was and will forever remain a state of mind." Shady Del Knight
HELLO STRANGER ..... IT SEEMS LIKE A MIGHTY LONG TIME!

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A Time of Thanksgiving Made Even More Meaningful by New Awards Given and Received!

xxx
In case you haven't noticed, Shady Dell Music
& Memories
is proudly displaying another award
in the upper right corner
of the front page. It is the One Lovely Blog Award and it was presented to me by Katia, my loyal friend and follower in Rome, Italy.


Katia, once again
I thank you for acknowledging what
I am trying to do with Shady Dell Music & Memories!

It is a great honor to receive this award and I encourage everyone to visit
and support Katia's nostalgic blog Velvet and Old Laces.

Now I have an award of my own that I would like to give to three of my blogger friends. It is the Nice Matters Award.

The Nice Matters Award is intended for bloggers who are genuinely nice people - blog friends who care about and inspire good feelings in others, lend their support to others, and are a positive influence on the blogging community.

First, I would like to turn around and share this award with my special friend Katia in Italy at Velvet and Old Laces. Katia is one of the leading vintagers in all of blogging and has become one of the most faithful supporters of Shady Dell Music & Memories.
Katia impresses me as one of
the most kindhearted, thoughtful and generous bloggers for be found anywhere.

I would also like to give this award to Belle Unruh, my friend and follower in British Columbia, Canada. On her fine blog, Tales from a Loser, Belle, a former California girl, shares a multitude of stories about her life and her family. Her Tales go beyond that to include a wide variety
of interesting topics. What I like most about Tales from a Loser is that it's a friendly place. Belle is a gracious hostess who goes out of her way to make visitors feel welcome. She does a great job of replying to comments posted on her blog and she repays the kindness by posting intelligent comments on the blogs of others. The only quarrel I could possibly have with Belle Unruh is the name she chose for her site because in my book Belle is a real winner.

Finally, I would like to give the Nice Matters Award to one of my newest friends, Mr. Odie Langley in Halifax, North Carolina. It didn't take me long to figure out that Odie is an asset to
the blogging world.
Odie maintains a positive attitude and always has something interesting, kind and supportive to say when he posts on my blog and others.
One can get a sense of Odie's nature by reading his About Me notes: "I am a listener and get real enjoyment out of helping people or sharing things I have learned or created..." In a blogosphere filled with cynical, self-absorbed ranters Odie's sincerity and enthusiasm are a breath of fresh air! Please visit and support Odie's blog The Simple Life.

Nice really does matter and Katia, Belle and Odie are three of the nicest people you would ever want to meet. They are part of the solution!

I would also like to take this opportunity to wish a Happy Thanksgiving to all of my fellow Dell rats not only in Central Pennsylvania but across the U.S.A. and around the world! I am very thankful to have made so many new friends this year through blogging.

At the start of 2010 Shady Dell Music & Memories had only 3 followers. Now there are 25. You are all special to me. I am extremely grateful to each and every one of you for your friendship and support!

15 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Shady for the kind words and the award. It is an honor for me. I just started blogging this year also; it has been wonderful meeting so many nice and interesting people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you dear!thanks for your words and for the new award,it's always an honour to receive one,especially from you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have felt the same way about you my friend and I do thank you so very much for the kind words. I am new enough to this that I am not sure how to get the award on my blog page though. Thanks again.
    Odie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katia - Your award is richly deserved! Have a wonderful day in Rome!

    Odie - Your award is also richly deserved. To transport the award back to your blog just right click and copy the image to your picture gallery. On your blog, click on "design" and "add a gadget." Select "picture" and upload the image from your gallery. Once again, Odie, it's great having you as a new friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did finally figure out how to get it on my blog but it is down at the bottom. I will try to figure out how to get it up to the top. Getting there, slow but sure. Thanks again my friend.
    Odie

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're very welcome, Odie. Have a happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your award! Well deserved, indeed! Happy Thanksgiving to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much, Joan! Same to you. Please come back to the White Rose City for a visit sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are worthy award winners. And congrats to yourself!!! Happy Turkey Day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Thanksgiving Shady Dell! And who better to give out the Nice Matters Award then one of the nicest bloggers I know. Congrats on the award, and your very own inspirational blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Alabee, a compliment like this means a great deal to me because it comes from someone who has elevated blogging to an art form. Thank you very much! I hope you are having a wonderful holiday out there on the left coast!

    ReplyDelete
  12. have a beautifu week-end my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Same to you, Katia! I am thankful to have found a friend as special as you!

    ReplyDelete

You talkin' to me?