Helen Trostle Ettline
passed away 27 years ago today on February 25th, 1984.
Things to know and remember about Helen:
* Helen was real people.
* Helen was genuine.
* With Helen, what you saw was what you got.
* Helen was never afraid to speak her mind.
* Helen had the warmest smile around and when she smiled there was always a twinkle in her eye.
* Helen could not have children of her own but she loved young people and welcomed generations of them into her home and into her life.
* Every evening while Helen presided over the Dell's snack bar...
and Dell rats occupied booths and whiled away the hours feeding their faces and gabbing...
and the pinball machine near the rear door buoyed spirits with its incessant dinging and popping...
the jukebox at the end of the counter next to the ladies' room door played a steady stream of doo-wop oldies.
I chose this song because it reminds me of that very special woman, the first lady of the Shady Dell. Helen, this one's for you.
That's what you are!
We love you and miss you.
See You Soon
1 hour ago