CLOSE YOUR EYES. TAKE A DEEP BREATH. OPEN YOUR HEART.

SHADY DEL KNIGHT, ADMINISTRATOR

SHADY DEL KNIGHT, ADMINISTRATOR
High School Yearbook Photo

"More than a place, the Shady Dell was and will forever remain a state of mind." Shady Del Knight

"More than a place, the Shady Dell was and will forever remain a state of mind." Shady Del Knight
HELLO STRANGER ... IT SEEMS LIKE A MIGHTY LONG TIME!

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Really???

------------------------------

SHADY DELL 

MUSIC & MEMORIES 

IS BACK IN BUSINESS! 


CHERRY COKES ARE 

ON THE HOUSE! 

I've been waiting for Blogger to restore my last post along with its 9 comments. The last two comments on the post before that are also missing. When I logged on this morning and noticed that nothing had changed I decided to republish Dell Rat Ron's Stacks O' Wax which you can find by scrolling down.

Losing one of my blog posts would be like having a page ripped from a book that I'm trying to write. Luckily I found Ron's article intact among my drafts. However, it hurts to lose the original embedded comments because they are important to me as are the people who took time to leave them. I would therefore like to thank the following people whose comments were lost in the shutdown which Blogger has blamed on data corruption:

Alabee 
Thisisme 
Cindy 
Odie 
Amber Blue Bird 
Ashton 
Jerre 

I hope that all of your comments will eventually be restored. Comments and the threads that they sometimes spawn often provide valuable information. Every piece of the puzzle matters. Every person who takes the time to read and comment is appreciated.

What have I learned from
the Blogger Crash of 2011?
I learned that being forced to take a day or two off from the sometimes frantic pace of blogging isn't the end of the world. It's actually a good thing to pause for a while and make sure that you have your priorities straight. Thank you very much for your patience and for your ongoing friendship and support!

Have a Shady day!

10 comments:

  1. Blogger being down and the losts posts were a bummer. Glad you were able to get your previous post back up. It would have been a shame to lose all that good music. Have a banging weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber Blue Bird - Thank you, dear friend! I was happy to see that you got your Unicorn post back up but sorry that you lost the original comments including the one that I left for you. Humor like mine doesn't grow on trees, ya know! (LOL) Thanks for flying in for a visit and have a great New England weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't believe Blogger was down, I mean it's bound to happen hear and there but it was quite a bummer. I was annoyed I didn't get a chance to blog Thursday, however, I'm appreciative that I didn't blog and lose stuff because that is just the pits. I hope all of your stuff is fully restored soon, and that blogger is back and "data corruption" free for a while! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristina - Ditto that, my dear friend! They say you get what you pay for and Blogger is free, leaving us little room to complain. Even so it is something that we all rely on to work properly and miss very badly when it is taken away. Thanks for your comment, Kristina, and please pet your five fur babies for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shady, I finally got to play a Hidden Object game while Blogger was down. My games have gone by the wayside because of blogging. (My life is full of importance!)

    I also listend to more songs from that band Hedley on youtube. I liked most of them. Then is listened to Backstreet Boys for a while. Did you notice they are going on tour with New Boys on the Block? I saw the Backstreet Boys play here in Kelowna a few years ago. It was so exciting.

    Have a beautiful Saturday. (My Sabbath Day!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Belle - This was a great "pattern interrupt" as they call it in the motivational seminars. It's easy for us to get caught up in blogging and forget to have a life. I'm glad that you and I and others had a chance to do other things for a while. I saw that boy supergroup perform live on one of the network morning shows recently. They still have the right sound and all the right moves! Thank you very much for stopping by, dear Belle!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was sitting here remembering how much I enjoyed that post and how it took me outside my box and broadened my music awareness. It may not have all been what Odie considers great music but it was entertaining and fun. I need times like that to experience great talent of times gone by. Thanks my friend.
    Odie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yessir, Odie! I'm sorry that your original comment got deleted by the Blogger gremlins, but the memory of your thoughtfulness lingers on. Have a great Sunday, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was such a pity that comments were lost during bloggerpocalypse, but it's so nice that you acknowledged those whose comments are gone. I found it strange that I couldn't blog for a few days but I definitely think it made me more appreciative of what the process means to me!

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Emma - So true! You never fully appreciate what you have until it's gone. It's great to be reconnected to dear friends like you. Thanks for stopping by, Emma!

    ReplyDelete

You talkin' to me?