CLOSE YOUR EYES. TAKE A DEEP BREATH. OPEN YOUR HEART.

SHADY DEL KNIGHT, ADMINISTRATOR

SHADY DEL KNIGHT, ADMINISTRATOR
High School Yearbook Photo

"More than a place, the Shady Dell was and will forever remain a state of mind." Shady Del Knight

"More than a place, the Shady Dell was and will forever remain a state of mind." Shady Del Knight
HELLO STRANGER ... IT SEEMS LIKE A MIGHTY LONG TIME!

Monday, May 30, 2011

She Tagged Me (And it Felt Like a Kiss)

==================

If you're wondering about title of this post I will tell you that it was inspired by "He Hit Me (And it Felt Like a Kiss)," the controversial song by the Crystals that was banned by radio stations for allegedly condoning domestic violence on women.

I suppose it seemed like a good idea at the time, but we've come a long way, baby since the days when songs for teenagers that were essentially tutorials on the acceptable rules of dating, gave a free pass to bad boys (aka "rebels") to smack their girlfriends around, ostensibly as a way of demonstrating their love.

Hey, leader of the pack...get a clue! 

On a much cheerier note I am very proud to announce that
I have been blogger tagged by my dear friend Belle Unruh at
Tales From a Loser Who is Sometimes a Winner.


Belle, thank you very much for acknowledging me. You know by now that I cherish our friendship! Belle and I are less than four months apart in age and although she grew up on the west coast and I on the east coast we have lots of music and memories in common. Belle is a deeply caring person. That caring is conveyed in her posts and in her comments. Although I never met Belle I feel like I have known her all my life and I have come to care a great deal about her as well.

I am also honored to be the recipient of the Good Bloggers Pay it Forward 
award from my dear English friend Thisisme who lives in South Hams, Devon. This lady is as fine a person as you'll ever encounter - goodness and decency personified - and it seems like we've been friends since childhood. Please visit and support Thisisme's delightfully entertaining blog Southhamsdarling.

The Good Bloggers Pay
it Forward
award is a way for us to thank our fellow bloggers for helping us to further our blogs and gain followers. The rules are simple. Thank and share your "linky love" with the person who gave you the award, then pay it forward and give "linky love" to five other bloggers. Since Belle's tag game requires me to link to 8 other bloggers, I'd like to reduce the confusion by tagging those 8 and giving them the Pay it Forward award as well.  Sound like a plan?

Alright, let's get down to business. Here are 
the loaded questions that I am bound by 
law to answer as Belle's tagee: 


Do you think you are hot? 

I don't just think I'm hot...I KNOW I'm hot! Here in Florida
it's 95 in the Shady and my a/c isn't working!

Upload a picture or wallpaper that you are 
using at the moment. 

For years the image below has been my desktop background because it inspires me. It's a screenshot from William Wyler's epic motion picture The Best Years of Our Lives.


The film, released in postwar year 1946, featured Harold Russell, a U.S. serviceman-turned-actor who, in reality, had lost both of his hands in a training exercise. Russell portrayed Homer, a coming home solider riddled with doubt, shame and fear, believing that without hands he was no longer man enough to be worthy of Wilma, the fiancee he left waiting for him. The role of Wilma was played by one of my favorite actresses, Cathy O'Donnell, and the intimate scene in which Wilma confronts Homer's disability is among the most gripping and poignant ever captured on film. Please, dear readers, urge your children and grandchildren to overcome the phobia that many of them have about watching black and white movies. Best Years gives today's young people a glimpse of the values that older generations are trying so hard to preserve. The Best Years of Our Lives is a character study that teaches all of us what love really is and what sacrifice really means.

When was the last time you ate chicken? 

Excuse me? Getting kinda personal here, aren't we? Suddenly I feel nekked! That's a secret that I intend to take to the grave. Therefore, I respectfully refuse to answer that question pursuant to my rights as defined by the 5th Amendment which may be invoked on the grounds that any answer I give might tend to incriminate me.

Okay, that was my "funny" answer. My real answer is as follows: I honestly can't remember exactly when I last ate chicken because I rarely remember what I had for lunch or dinner the day before. If I had my way I would never eat meat again. I eat meat for one reason only: because I am under doctor's orders to do so to correct chronic borderline anemia.


What songs have you listened to lately? 

Sam Phillips: 
"Private Storm"
"Raised on Promises"
"Holding On to the Earth"
"Same Rain"
"Same Changes"
"I Need Love"

Agnetha Faltskog: 
"Once Burned, Twice Shy"
"Stand By My Side"
"Click Track"
"Turn the World Around"
"I Won't Let You Go" (extended version)
"Fly Like an Eagle"
"Last Time"
"I Stand Alone"
"If You Need Somebody Tonight"

What were you thinking while doing this? 

Running through my mind were the Animals song lyrics:
Oh lord, please don't let me be misunderstood. 


Do you have any nicknames? 

Yes, I am often referred to as "your highness," "your lordship," "your royal majesty" and "The Real Slim Shady."

See there again, those were my "funny" answers. Can you detect a pattern emerging here? All kidding aside, in college
I was called "TEA" because my initials spell that word. Now that I have become ecologically minded and have drastically reduced my carbon footprint I am known as green TEA! 

If any of my newer friends are puzzled now and wondering why my initials aren't SDK, you can find an explanation here.


Now it is my solemn sworn duty to tag 
8 other blogger friends and answer 
even more perplexing questions! 

1. Cindy at Cindy Ellison 
2. Amber at Amber Blue Bird 
3. Leanne Elizabeth Manning at Ramble On 
4. Ashton King at Journalistic Musings 
5. Joan at Anything Fits a Naked Man 
6. Lauren at Someone Like You 
7. Emma at Ol' Green Eyes 
8. Kelly-marie at A Harem of Peacocks 

Who is listed number one? 

CINDY 

Here is an outstanding individual, one who deserves special recognition! Cindy Ellison and her husband Clint recently moved from the Dallas area of Texas back east to scenic Tennessee near Cindy's hometown. Cindy is as sharp as they come and I can honestly say that I like everything about her. She is a charming and extremely intelligent woman, a gifted artist, e-commerce merchant, antiques collector, decorator, a talented writer and a wise, witty and downright wonderful human being. Cindy is the complete package - everything that I look for in a blogger and a friend. She does what few people have the time, energy and dedication to do. She faithfully supports the blogs of people who support hers. You can always tell by her comments that she actually takes time to read and think before writing and submitting. Cindy radiates warmth and sincerity. On her own site Cindy is a gracious host who gives personalized attention. I call it service after the sale. She "listens" to you and answers you by writing intelligent replies to your comments. Cindy Ellison is a tremendous asset to the blogging world and to the world in general.

Say something about number 5. 

JOAN 

Joan is another new arrival to Tennessee. For many years Joan was practically my neighbor down here in Orlando, FL before moving to my hometown of York and most recently to the Nashville area. Joan is a former actress currently working in the tourist industry. She is a gifted writer, an intelligent, articulate woman who explores a wide range of topics on her blog. Joan is courageous. She faces life's challenges with the tenacity of a champion boxer glaring at the opponent during weigh-in. Joan also exhibits a marvelous sense of humor in her writing which I greatly appreciate. I find myself closely alligned with Joan on the important issues that she tackles on her blog. Opposites might attract but it's always great to find a kindred spirit, someone with whom you feel especially comfortable communicating, someone you recognize as "one of us" rather than "one of them." That's me and Joan. I like her. I respect her. The world could use a few more like her!

How did you get to know number 3? 

LEANNE 

The brainy and beautiful Leanne Elizabeth Manning is a law student in Liverpool, England. Leanne loves Led Zeppelin and her blog is named after one of the band's early songs. She is also a huge Beatles fan and she and I met on the 30th anniversary of John Lennon's death. As I recall I stumbled upon Leanne's blog early last December while doing research and fact checking for my John Lennon tribute and discovered that Leanne had a comprehensive two-part post about the man, the music and the legend on her own site. Leanne is barely 21 years of age and yet she instantly accepted me as a friend, no questions asked. In a world filled with suspicion and deception Leanne's willingness to trust and welcome me into her world speaks volumes about her character. Leanne possesses maturity and wisdom far beyond her years. I relate to her as easily as I would to another baby boomer. Leanne gets it. She eagerly embraces all that was good about the past. Simply put, Leanne is part of the solution and I am absolutely thrilled to count her among my very best friends!

How about number 4? 

ASHTON 

Ashton King is a television news producer in southeastern Alabama. I discovered Ashton when I noticed her comment on another blog stating that television news is her entire world. As a former news producer myself I saw an obvious opportunity to share war stories with somebody who can relate to what I experienced in the business. The rewards have been many. Ashton is an intelligent young woman who has proven that she has the right stuff to meet the challenges and pressures of television news, something that very few people have the organizational skills, flexibility, timing and temperament to do. Ashton is a strong, opinionated young woman who never hesitates to express herself. I was ecstatic to discover that Ashton has a fondness for music of the boomer years. That gives her something to enjoy on my blog. Ashton and I have bridged the generation gap and found an abundance of common ground. We are learning a great deal from each other and
I treasure our blossoming friendship!

Leave a message for number 6. 

LAUREN 

To Lauren, my dear young student friend in Ohio, a dedicated vintager, thrifter, preservationist of romance, innocence and virtue, the reincarnation of Audrey Hepburn: I have a special homework assignment for you: Please watch the 2010 movie Secretariat and observe actress Diane Lane in her portrayal of "Penny" Chenery Tweedy, the real-life housewife who risked everything to foster the greatest champion racehorse in history. I want you to model that woman's calm demeanor, her confident smile, her determination to follow her dream,
to meet adversity head-on, to go for it and win. Step into that picture, Lauren, and be all that you can be! Why not you?...why not now? The world desperately needs more fine young people, dear friend...someone like you! 

You are a child of the universe. 
No less than the trees and the stars, 
you have a right to be here. 
And whether or not it is clear to you, 
No doubt the universe is unfolding as it should. 

Leave a lovey-dovey message for number 2.

AMBER 

To Amber Blue Bird: If they ever remake Empty Nest, you could take over the role originally played by Kristy McNichol.

To Oliver: Love means never having to say you're sorry for piddling on the rug. 

Amber is a native Texan who now lives in Connecticut with her husband and her dog Oliver who got his name from Ryan O'Neal's character in Love Story, one of Amber's favorite movies. Amber found me first. She noticed one of my comments on a mutual friend's blog and posted a playful comment in reference to me. I love playful people and recognized Amber's poke as an invitation to check out her blog. I knew immediately that Amber was friend material. My instincts were correct. Amber quickly became one of my favorite people in the whole world. Amber gets me and I get her. There's no working at it. The connection is just there and it has been from day one. It can honestly be said that we are birds of a feather. A sense of humor is just one of the things that Amber and I share. Similar tastes in music would be another. Yet, maintaining a sense of humor is especially important to both of us. In a world filled with ranting and bringing people down, lifting them up by means of humor is becoming a lost art, but it's one that Amber has mastered. Amber has an eye for fashion and an ear for music. Her head's on straight and her heart's in the right place. I am weak in the knees for Amber Blue Bird! I am proud to know her and elated to have her as my friend!

Do number 7 and 8 have similarities? 

EMMA AND KELLY-MARIE 

Emma and Kelly-marie are two lovely young women living in the British Isles. Emma, who lives in Dublin, Ireland, is a university grad in the fashion industry. Kelly-marie, an art and design grad, is a visual merchandiser living in London.
In a blogosphere filled with fashonistas who prefer to operate a girls only club, these two dear blog friends have welcomed me into their lives. I am truly grateful. Emma and Kelly-marie share my fascination with Twin Peaks. Both women are avid vintagers. Both are old souls with a keen sense of history. Both are dedicated followers of fashion and connoisseurs of the arts. Both maintain busy social calendars, out and about in town and country experiencing culture in all its forms. They post reviews and pictorial essays on everything from fine dining to plays, movies, band concerts, art exhibits, fashion shows and vintage shopping expeditions. Emma and Kelly-marie recognized something special in me and I in them. It is that spark of recognition that I yearn for and cherish so very much when I find it. Emma and Kelly-marie are two of their generation's finest. They are outstanding citizens of the world and I am blessed to have them as friends!

HEY!...ALL YOU DELL RATS 

ON THE ABOVE LIST...... 


TAG...YOU'RE IT!!! 

Have a Shady Day!

25 comments:

  1. Wow! What can I say after a post like that?! I think that's what we all love about you, that you take SO much trouble over your blog posts, and ALWAYS leave such good, often funny!, comments, that really show you care about each and every one of us. It seems as if I have known you for ever as well. Thank you for your very nice comments about me today. I will have to stop somewhere, otherwise this comment will run and run dear friend! I adore black and white movies and always have done. I would think that the film you have mentioned would be such a tearjerker. I will try to get hold of a copy, because I think hubby would love to see it as well. As you quite rightly say, a different age altogether. Our generation does despair sometimes, but then you look at all the lovely younger (and I don't mean to be patronising here) bloggers out there (some of which you have mentioned) and it gives one such hope that all is not lost. Some of your tagging answers were SO funny! I must go now, to give others a chance to comment, otherwise I will be taking up all the space! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shady it is such a joy to be able to leave a comment since that has been rare lately. This was unusual and fun learing new things about my friend and being introduced to new bloggers. I will be paying them a visit. Linda & I will be leaving for Rocky Mount in a short while so Rocky can have his "pedicure" which is much needed. Don't want him scratching Aunt Katie. Should be a very good day and hope yours is great as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you just made my day! Scratch that, you just made my WEEK! Thanks so much for your kind words, Shady, I can assure you that the feeling is DEFINITELY mutual! What a terrific friend you have become! Yay, US!!

    I can't believe that you posted this particular picture from The Best Years of Our Lives. I ADORE this movie, and my favorite scene, by far, is the one you mentioned where Willa helps her young veteran get ready for bed, confronting his disability. The "silent acting" she does during that scene is Oscar-worthy, in my opinion.

    Well, thank you again for this lovely award, Shady. I hope you have a lovely, restful Memorial Day, and that your air conditioning gets fixed SOON!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word that was the sweetest message ever! Thank you a million times for your kind words. Its true, I think we truly do "get" each other. I love that we are able to turn each other on to new music and share a love for humor. Your comments always do put a smile on face. I love that you understand the power of words and always carefully execute your comments into lovely uplifting remarks. You are quite the asset to the blogging world and I am proud to call you a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Green Tea, This was a wonderful post full of love!

    The Best Years of Our Lives is one of my favorite movies. I've seen it many times. I guess my favorite scene is Dana Andrews going to look at the old war planes. Coming home from war can be such a traumatic transition.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such kind words! Why can't you be one of our frequent callers at the station instead of the ones who (at least here lately) only want to tell me -and whoever else answers the phone- how incompetent we are? LOL

    As for that bridge we've built, it's one I hope we never burn.

    Thank you for a wonderful start to this Monday morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thisisme - I arose at 2:45am local time (no rest for the wicked) to put the finishing touches on this post knowing that I'd be away from the computer much of the day. It warms my heart to read your words. I often wonder why people spend so much of their time and energy hating when a good love bath feels so much better. Please do try to find a copy of Best Years. It's an important work that people of all ages should experience, including little Ruby Violet when she comes of age. You are right. The young people profiled here are part of the global solution. I am filled with hope knowing that they will inherit the earth.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Odie - I didn't expect to hear from you today but not because of the Blogger bugs. I knew that you had a full slate of activities ahead including travel. Your commitment to our friendship is on display right here in your generous comment. I hope you found Aunt Katie in good health and good spirits. It's hard to believe that she was a middle aged woman when Best Years of Our Lives was released to theaters! Pictures of her dog Polly steal my heart because you can tell that she's a gentle and loving pet. Thanks again, good buddy, for taking the time to visit on this very busy day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Joan - Yay us, indeed! I am delighted to know that you have seen Best Years and agree with me that the tender bedtime scene in which Wilma lays Homer's fears to rest is among the greatest in motion picture history. The lovely, petite and soulful Cathy O'Donnell (Wilma) was one of the key contributors to the American film-noir genre. She brought a complex combination of sadness, melancholy, vulnerability, spirituality and inner strength to every character she played. I get misty when I remember that Cathy's life was cut short by illness. She died at age 46. Many of today's young people refuse to watch anything in black and white. Some call black and white "boring." It concerns me that they are greatly limiting themselves and missing out on many important works. Thank you very much for your visit, Joanie, and for the gift of your friendship!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amber Blue Bird - Thanks a million to you, dear friend! Remember Pavlov's experiment? He discovered that dogs salivate when they smell the meat that they are about to be served. He soon discovered that meat did not even need to be present for the dogs to begin licking their chops. The appearance of the lab technicians who brought them their meat was enough to produce this response. Eventually, he got the dogs to drool just by ringing the dinner bell with no meat and no lab techs in the room. It proved how a conditioned response can result from association. That's how it is for you and for me, my friend. When I notice a new post from you in my blog stream I start to smile because I know from experience that a good time is in store. When I notice your goody two-shoes avatar and realize that you have left a comment on my blog, I smile because I love making a connection with you. I have a feeling that the same happens on your side of the screen whenever you see old pipe mouth. Thank you, dear friend Amber, for being who and what you are!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Belle - I'm sure you get that "Green TEA" was just another one of my feeble attempts at humor; but I was actually referred to as TEA (pron. "T") throughout my four years of college. I'm glad to know that you are also familiar with Best Years. That Dana Andrews scene was another memorable one. The movie starred three of my favorite vintage actresses, Cathy O'Donnell, Teresa Wright and Virginia Mayo. I will never forget that Academy Awards ceremony a few years ago in which a large group of actors and actresses from the WWI and WWII years was assembled on stage for a special tribute. Teresa Wright was among them. It was only about a year before her death but I saw so much love and joy radiating from that beautiful face of hers that the image has stayed with me and always will. These were the titans of the entertainment industry, dozens and dozens of them brought together on stage for the very first time. My fear is that many of today's young people would not recognize a single one of their names. We can't allow that to stand. As the song admonished "Teach your children well." Thank you, dear dear Belle, for naming me for the award and for your kind comments and compliments.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Is this "Cindy" described in this blog post the same "Cindy" as me? To be spoken about in such glowing terms, my goodness, thank you so much, Shady. This was a special surprise! Never would I have thought back in 2009 I would have had a soul reading anything I wrote, much less to be complimented in such a way. This is an honor. A mere "thank you" doesn't seem to suffice, maybe shouting it would have more impact: THANK YOU!

    Goose bumps appeared on my arms when I saw "The Best Years of Our Lives" photo that serves as your screen saver. I will never forget some of the movie's scenes. For many years my next door neighbor, Tom, was the Executive Director of The South Eastern Outdoor Press Association. Every fall I would do hand-lettered name tags for the attendees at their annual conference. I remember the excitement one year when Tom told me Harold Russell was the keynote speaker and that he had just spoken to Harold on the phone. Imagine, Harold Russell! This was back in the early 80s but I still remember seeing Tom's conference photos of Harold.

    Harold Russell was awarded two Oscars, one for Best Supporting Actor plus an honorary Oscar for "bringing hope and courage to his fellow veterans." A fitting photo/post for your blog today since it's Memorial Day.

    Thank you again, Shady, for honoring me on your blog. Your visits and comments on my blog are very appreciated!

    (things hectic here the next 24 hrs, will soon get back to a new blog)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ashton - I am overjoyed knowing that my post helped get your week off to a good start. Our bridge is built on a foundation of unconditional love and mutual respect and I know it's gonna last. You and I have discussed before the problem of those nuisance callers who go out of their way to kill the messenger when they don't like the stories that are making news. Although they seem to be growing in numbers, haters are not strictly a 21st century phenomenon. I had to put up with them in the 1970s and 80s. It's hard enough dealing with the egos, the politics of the job, and the daily pressure of meeting the deadline without having to take time to listen to somebody who has an axe to grind and wants to dump all of their anger on you. As I indicated in my piece the thing I want everybody to know about Ashton King is that there aren't many people who could hack it as a modern news producer and I tip my hat to you. Thank you very much for making this another win-win for us, Ashton. We're in the groove and it feels awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't know what to say!! Thank you so so much. I really am honoured that you have profiled me again. Your friendship means so much to me too! I have found myself talking about you a lot and spreading the Shady Dell love to all of my friends who share your fascination for Twin Peaks, David Lynch and your wonderfully varied music knowledge. They all think you're such a cool guy, but I like to think that I'm your biggest fan. I guess that's the beautiful thing about the blogosphere, it makes the world a much smaller place and we are able to make special friendships that wouldn't usualy be possible. You are definitely one of those special friendships, it makes it all worth while knowing that you are reading and enjoying what I have to share. I ALWAYS look forward to your comments and I can hand on heart say that they make my day every time I read them. This is the first time I have read the post on your real identity and I am so thrilled to have learnt a little more about you ( and what a handsome man you are)!! I am currently trying to read through your whole blog archive as I feel like I have missed so much and have learnt so much from you so far. The Dell fascinates me, and I so wish that I could have experienced it first hand, I think I would have had ALOT of fun! ;)
    Thank you for introducing me to Emma's blog, I have just had a look and I think she is definitely a girl after my own heart.
    You are a very special man Tom and I am very lucky to have you as a friend. I hope you have a wonderful week. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cindy - Yes, I assure you that you are the same Cindy that I was describing in my post. That and MORE! I am thrilled that you brought along with you an interesting anecdote about Harold Russell. Harold Russell's acting could be described as "wooden." However, any critic shallow enough to hold that against him is missing the whole point. Wooden is REAL. This was an actual handicapped man interacting with a woman in a way every one of us can understand. Harold's awkwardness, his lack of polish, is exactly what makes the scene work. Together he and Cathy created a moment of reality that was captured on film and inserted into the context of the movie. There are many valuable life lessons to be learned from Best Years of Our Lives and other films like it if only we can convince more young people to experience them. I saw a report on the news a couple of days ago about the changing landscape of television entertainment. Reality shows are replacing scripted series. Self absorbed, ill mannered shopaholic reality stars who argue, fight and jump into bed with each other are putting traditional actors and actresses out of work. I'm wondering what if anything can be done to reverse this disturbing trend. Cindy, thank you very much for blessing me with your comments here today and for being such an exceptional new friend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kelly-marie - I live for moments like this and comments like yours. I am elated to know that you and your circle of young friends feel a connection with me. I'm on a natural high. It doesn't get much better than this. We really do have a lot in common and the internet affords us the unique opportunity to share our lives and interests with each other. I shudder to think back to only a year ago when I had only 3 or 4 followers and didn't know you or any of my other dear friends. I'm glad you decided to click my link and read the Unmasking of Shady Del Knight. I would love for you to call me Tom if you wish. I prefer to keep a low profile on the blog and stay in character as the sometimes mischievous Shady; but those of you wise enough to read between the lines can sense who and what I am even when my posts are laced with irreverent humor. If today's post leads to a friendship between you and Emma I am very happy to have been the matchmaker. I believe that you can't have too many friends in this life, especially great ones like you and the others on my list turned out to be. Bless you, dear friend Kelly-marie, for being such a fine human being! Have a wonderful night in London town!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so so lovely! Thank you for your kind words!It's so nice to read your little bios on all these bloggers. I've already found some new favorites! I'm continually amazed at how kind and generous my fellow bloggers are!

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Emma - You are so right, my dear friend! Sometimes it's a bit scary to reach out and trust someone, but for those who are willing to take a chance and seek it out there is an abundance of kindness and generosity to be found. As Petula Clark reminded us in 1965, it's waiting for us "Round Every Corner."

    When Columbus sailed away to other shores
    How could he imagine all that waited for him?

    'round every corner ('round every corner)

    Everything is yours, now, open all the doors, now

    'round every corner ('round every corner)

    Emma, you are one of my newest friends. I'm so glad to have you in my world and so thankful that you allowed me into yours. Shady Dell Music & Memories is a lot like the original Shady Dell because it's a place for people from different backgrounds to meet and become friends. I hope that you will find many news friends through your visits here. Thank you very much for coming over to pick up your awards, dear Emma, and good night to you in Dublin!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Tom, you have a wonderful way with words and it's always a delight to hear from you with your ever positive and embracing spirit. It's a privilege to know you and to call you a friend, within such little time there has never been a moment when we don't connect on certain levels. You are a great man and a shining beacon to people who possess many great qualities that is reflected in everything you have done.

    Thank you so much for another award and for such words that where straight from the bottom of your heart, it's an honour!


    Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, Mr. Anderson this post was SO incredibly lovely and truly touching... I'm so sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, but I'm currently without internet and I'm at Mcdonald's using my father's laptop! Never the matter, I knew I just had to reply to your comment ASAP! Oh, most the time you leave me absolutely speechless. Perhaps it's because I've never had someone be so kind to me. I've never had someone want me. I've never had someone to be my true friend. But you are just all those things! Giving me that movie reference (which I will be sure to rent right away!), and then the description of what you want me to portray just gave me chills... It gave me chills because all of those things you listed are adjectives I want to be and I can see now that someone else (someone like you!) believes I can actully be those things. Thank you, thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart for giving me hope to carry on!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Leanne and Lauren - Lovely people like you give my life meaning and purpose. You are each unique in your own way and I will be eternally grateful to you for opening your hearts and minds to the possibility of our deep friendship. Bless you both, my dear and wonderful friends!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You're so hilarious & witty, Shady!
    well, I had my chicken today!! LOL*
    Wonderful week to you as always!

    ReplyDelete
  23. And to you, Lenore Nevermore! Thank you very much for your visit, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  24. ahah this is such a funny post your highness,and yes you're definitely HOT !

    ReplyDelete
  25. Katia - Look who's talking! With your gorgeous costumes and Rapunzel tresses you INVENTED hot! (LOL) Thank you for coming by, dear friend. I love to make you smile and giggle. Have a wonderful day in Roma!

    ReplyDelete

You talkin' to me?