This is a very special day.
Helen Trostle Ettline was born
101 years ago on Jan. 9th, 1911.
Things to know and remember about Helen:
* Helen loved horses and was a skilled rider.
* Helen married John in Texas prior to his
joining the U.S. Army and serving in WWII.
* Helen was patient and tolerant.
* Helen was a great listener.
* Helen was a warm, gracious hostess.
* Helen always had a twinkle in her eye
and a winning smile.
Every evening while Helen worked behind the Dell's lunch counter preparing treats to feed the masses she enjoyed listening to a steady stream of doo-wop era oldies that played on the restaurant jukebox.
Let's celebrate Helen's birthday by listening to one of her favorite songs, "Two People in the World" by the Imperials,
a Dell classic that I affectionately nicknamed "Helen's Song."
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HELEN!
We love you and miss you!xxx