CLOSE YOUR EYES. TAKE A DEEP BREATH. OPEN YOUR HEART.

SHADY DEL KNIGHT, ADMINISTRATOR

SHADY DEL KNIGHT, ADMINISTRATOR
High School Yearbook Photo

"More than a place, the Shady Dell was and will forever remain a state of mind." Shady Del Knight

"More than a place, the Shady Dell was and will forever remain a state of mind." Shady Del Knight
HELLO STRANGER ... IT SEEMS LIKE A MIGHTY LONG TIME!

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Shady Dell the College Years..... December 1967 and January 1968


 In today's edition of College Years 

 the timeline advances to the Christmas & 

 New Year holiday break at the end of 1967. 


When December arrived I couldn't wait for classes at PSU
to end so that I could bust loose, drive back home to York, get up the hill to the Dell, check in with Helen and John and check out the jukebox tunes in the barn. Here now are the hottest records that were playing at the Shady Dell during the Christmas-New Year holidays in 1967 and on into 1968!


 December 1967 


 "My Baby Must Be a Magician" – Marvelettes 





 "I Can’t Stand Myself (When You Touch Me)"
 – James Brown & the Famous Flames 






 "Chain of Fools" – Aretha Franklin 





 "A Love That’s Real" – Intruders 





 "Judy in Disguise" – John Fred & His Playboy Band 





 January 1968 


 "We’re a Winner" – Impressions 




 "I Wish it Would Rain" – Temptations 





 "I Truly, Truly Believe" – Temptations 




 We'll flash back to the greatest 

 Dell hits of February and March 1968 

 in the next edition of College Years

 I hope you'll be here! 


 Have a Shady day 

 and a safe and happy 

 new year celebration! 

8 comments:

  1. Ya know, Ronnie, people who switch to
    Shady Dell Music & Memories sure are happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And how happy are they, Jimmy?

      Delete
    2. Happier than a slinky on an escalator.

      Delete
  2. Tom, I just wanted to say I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas! I am just catching up with everything now after the Christmas break at home. If I don't talk to you before Tuesday, Happy New Year too my friend!

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emma, it's very sweet of you to come over to say hello during your holiday break. I really appreciate it! I had a great Christmas and wish the same for you and yours. I also wish you all the best in 2013. I am thrilled to have you as a friend, Emma!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tom. It's amazing how different the tunes at the Shady Dell were from the tunes that were playing in the Hit Parade over here at this particular time. I hadn't really heard of any of your picks for today, although I knew some of the artists of course! It's always a pleasure to come over here and learn new songs from what, I believe, was one of the best musical era's. I hope you had an enjoyable Christmas dear friend, and I wish you and yours a very Happy, Healthy, Peaceful and Blessed new year, 2013. Sending smooches your way from your friend across the pond.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hallo, dear Thisisme! It always surprises me a little to realize how few songs you and I have in common. A great idea for your blog would be for you to present some of the artists that were hitmakers in the UK but little known in the USA. Toto bounced back for Christmas but in days since has developed a nagging cough. Onward and upward into the new year, dear friend, and I wish you and your family all the best in 2013. I very much appreciate your friendship, dear Thisisme!

      Delete

You talkin' to me?